3rd Row Seats '86, 89 Burbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by SUEBURBAN, Jun 3, 2012.

1. SUEBURBAN

SUEBURBAN New Member

HI Everyone, I am a newbie here. I just bought an 86 Suburban and am trying to find out if a 89 third row seat will fit it. I have one, but it doesn't seem to want to latch even though it seems to fit. Have lubed it, but it wont latch securely. Does anyone know where I can get this info? Did they tweak the seats a little between 86 and 89? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Sue Sueburban

2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Have you called a parts man at your local dealer or the stud at the wrecking yard? they have the answer you seek

4. SUEBURBAN

SUEBURBAN New Member

Ha, yeah I thought about calling the dealer, will do that tomorrow when they're open. Someone told me the dealers don't have info for older models, so I thought I'd look online. Maybe who told me that doesn't know much.... Thanks for responding! This is my first older vehicle, besides being a woman this is all a little foreign. I had no idea there was such a community of enthusiasts! Oh no, I think I'm getting the bug. I am having a GEET fuel conversion put on it so I will get great MPG's. I can hardly wait!