1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3speedchevys progress page.

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 3speedchevy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 3speedchevy

3speedchevy New Member

im rebuilding my grandads 1990 s10 in memory of him. here it is as of now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    new engine from surefire engines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    new valve covers ordered today.
    [​IMG]
    new airfilter also ordered today.
    [​IMG]
    ill be working on this truck on sundays my only day off so progress is going to be slow. ill post pics as i go i should start in a few weeks. im going to paint the truck midnight blue with metalic flake and my friend is doing pin stripes for me. im doing all the work myself including painting it. there is one dent in the whole truck the size of a quarter on the front driver quarter panel.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, cool project, keep us updated! :great:
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That truck is in really good shape, no visible body rust other than just surface stuff. My S-10 is midnight metallic blue also, it is a beautiful color all waxed up. I can't wait to see your progress on the truck, and I think that's an awesome tribute to your grandfather.
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Perfect project to keep a blog on! Keep us updated and good luck with it all. You have quite a project on your hands.
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Keep up the good work , that's a nice tribute!:great:
  6. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member 100 Posts

We definitely need to get an area for projects. There are a few of us on here working on some. Definitely keep us posted especially on such a special project.
  7. 3speedchevy

3speedchevy New Member

ill make sure to keep everyone posted. as soon as the engine comes in i have to take it to texas because the truck is at my wifes grandads. hes pulling the engine and helping me put the new on in. im thinking of lowering it 4 in the back and 3 in the front. any thoughts on that?
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks like a great project
  9. 3speedchevy

3speedchevy New Member

MAJOR!!!! change in my build. sent back the engine and other parts.because i bought a wrecked 90 chevy s10 4x4 today for 200 bucks for the whole truck minus driver side fender and rest of front end pieces other than passenger fender. the truck has minor frame damage but im not fixing it im just going to move everything over from this truck to my grandads truck. truck has no title which is why its so cheap the motor isnt locked but its getting close to locking it turned over once and after that one time the pully on the crank would only turn a quarter inch. im thinking there is water on top of the pistons which is keeping it from compressing. my wifes grandad is helping me with moving over 4x4 drivetrain since im sure custom fab will have to happen since this is a 2 wheel drive frame. i think the frames r close to the same if not the same though??? truck will have a additional 2 inch lift after i switch over the 4x4 suspension. will post pics of donor truck soon.
  10. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member 100 Posts

Going to look sweet, my grandfather gave his truck away before I told him I wanted it. Should have ask he said! (72 GMC)