4.3 v6

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Dec 9, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

So i know im probably late chiming in on this, but...
    for the first time in 15 years, GM FINALLY improved the 4.3 V6!
    from 1999-2013, it has always been 194 HP and 260 ft/lbs of torque, never changed in 14 years....

so i finally noticed the new 2014 4.3 has an output of 285 HP and 305 ft/lbs of torque! wish my v6 had those numbers...:neutral:
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

They had to do something to compete with the EcoBoost. Not really close to EcoBoost numbers but it does have more power than my 4.8L V-8.
  3. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Sounds impressive. I wonder what they changed/added/modified, etc. to get those numbers?
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

Like Sierra’s optional 5.3L and 6.2L EcoTec3 V-8 engines, the new V-6 features three state-of-the-art technologies – direct injection, active fuel management (cylinder deactivation) and continuously variable valve timing – that have been proven and perfected through 6 million hours of computational analysis by engineers studying the combustion process. In all, 10 million CPU hours were spent refining and making the most of the Sierra’s EcoTec3 engines.

Although they share only a handful of parts with previous Sierra engines, the new EcoTec3 V-6 builds on experience gained from millions of trucks and billions of real-world customer miles resulting from a half-century of leadership in V-6 engine development.

Sounds like an almost new engine to me
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

well its about freakin time!, i wonder why it took 14 years to update and engine... I guess GM's 4.3L V6 wasnt a top priority, i mean every year the V8's were getting more and more powerful, but they never did anything to the v6.

also, if you look at the 2014 build and price option, the single/extended/and crew cab models all start out with the 4.3 v6 from the factory, you gotta build from there