1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4.3L upgrades

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nthammack, Jun 13, 2010.

1. nthammack

nthammack New Member

I'm looking to put a few goodies on the old 4.3 vortec in my 2000 silverado 2wd. I already have planned a K&N FIPK cold air intake, a new cap and rotor (possibly MSD), and an MSD coil. I wanted to put underdrive pulleys on it, then i realized i would need a new or longer belt right? If so how on earth do you measure for one, and I've also heard that putting a certain combo of underdrive pulleys on will cancel each other out. If anyone knows how or what the deal is feel free to let me know. Also if anyone knows of any simple gains in horsepower i could get or any bolt on horsepower let me know. This is my daily driver so i don't wanna have it out of commision for too long or at all if possible. Thanks ya'll.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Dont waste your time with an MSD coil.. The newer electronic ignition systems make more than enough voltage in your situation.. I would really consider a programmer, also there is a thread on here about a gentelman who has done a bunch of cheap and easy mods to his 4.3L. Just search in the General Q&A forum.
  3. nthammack

nthammack New Member

Any idea what it would be under?
  4. nthammack

nthammack New Member

nevermind, I found it. Thanks a bunch man, that's a lotta helpful info
  5. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

What did you all do to your 4.3? I've got a 98 just starting with it