1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4" Lift Questions

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by RideHeavyINa_CHEVY, Dec 6, 2012.

1. RideHeavyINa_CHEVY

RideHeavyINa_CHEVY New Member

Hello all,

I have recently talked with a few people that have mentioned a few cheaper lifts. I have a 2007 NNBS silverado crew cab and i am trying to get a bigger meaner look to my truck, only draw back is i am not a big fan of being to big (6"). I have looked into a few different 4" systems and I have come to GMTC for last stop before I make my purchase.

I am looking into:

Rough Country 4.75" budget system
    FABTech 4" Budget System
    Tuff Country 4" Budget system

All three of these lifts will get me the height I want but I am questioning the tire size. I am looking for someone with a similar set up to help with possible trimming, wheel spacing, offset, or backspacing. ( all of these i have little knowledge about) I am looking to put 20x10 ( Fuel, XD, or BMF) wheels and hoping for a 35x12.50 or 34x12.50. I am hoping to get some feedback in time to catch some Christmas deals on tires, wheels and even the lift. anyone with advice is good advice.

Thanks
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

If you want 20x10 wheel with like -12 backspacing on a 4" lift you cannot do either 35's nor 34's. Your best bet is a 33 and even that might require some trimming.

Also I advise not to do a budget lift, you will regret it later. A well built 4" lift is BDS, it also does not push out the front tires as bad, also I am pretty sure that it can be knocked up to become a 6" if you feel like going bigger down the road.

Budget Fabtech 4":

[​IMG]

BDS 4"
    [​IMG]

I know money is an issue but you'll have to decide what quality you want to go with,but remember its your truck, I am just telling you my opinion :money: