4. something dmax

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by 03 SIERRA, Mar 25, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA New Member

i heard rumors that there may be a 4. someting liter dmax in the making. does anybody else know about this?
  2. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

I heard something along the same lines too. A diesel for the half tons
    I think it their contribution to the environment. I'll see if I can find a link to the article.
  3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member 100 Posts

Think it's still just a rumor right now...
  4. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

Sorry I have to use the 2 C words in this reply.
    Chrysler and Cummings are continuing their research in developing a light duty diesel.

GM is researching their Bio-diesel and alternative fuels for their heavy duty trucks.

I have links to the verticals. PM me for copies.
  5. Greg84

Greg84 New Member 100 Posts

6. moosetags

moosetags New Member 100 Posts

There was a 4.5 liter Duramax in the final stages of development that was moved to the back burner when GM began its downward spiral. There were actually prototypes produced and tested. I would hope that this engine will become available in the next couple of years.
  7. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA New Member

it be a good swap for the half tons
  8. In2Trux

In2Trux New Member

There was talk of a lot of the closed dealerships reopening soon. This 4.3L Dmax was so close to production, it would be foolish to just let it go away.

I think a little 4.5L Duramax would be a great idea and a lot of fun to play with 310 hp and over 500 ft lbs
  9. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member 100 Posts

Sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine....... There's NO "G" IN CUMMINS!!!!!!
  10. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member 100 Posts

Also, there is already a cummins made for smaller vehicles, there is an inline four cylinder cummins. Its just never been put in a crysler vehicle.