Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

4. something dmax

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by 03 SIERRA, Mar 25, 2010.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

i heard rumors that there may be a 4. someting liter dmax in the making. does anybody else know about this?

2. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

I heard something along the same lines too. A diesel for the half tons
    I think it their contribution to the environment. I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Think it's still just a rumor right now...

4. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

Sorry I have to use the 2 C words in this reply.
    Chrysler and Cummings are continuing their research in developing a light duty diesel.

GM is researching their Bio-diesel and alternative fuels for their heavy duty trucks.

I have links to the verticals. PM me for copies.

5. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

6. moosetags

moosetags Rockstar 100 Posts

There was a 4.5 liter Duramax in the final stages of development that was moved to the back burner when GM began its downward spiral. There were actually prototypes produced and tested. I would hope that this engine will become available in the next couple of years.

7. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

it be a good swap for the half tons

8. In2Trux

In2Trux Rockstar

There was talk of a lot of the closed dealerships reopening soon. This 4.3L Dmax was so close to production, it would be foolish to just let it go away.

I think a little 4.5L Duramax would be a great idea and a lot of fun to play with 310 hp and over 500 ft lbs

9. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine....... There's NO "G" IN CUMMINS!!!!!!

10. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Also, there is already a cummins made for smaller vehicles, there is an inline four cylinder cummins. Its just never been put in a crysler vehicle.