1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4 Wheel Drive stuck

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 03HeavyHalf, Oct 16, 2011.

1. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf Rockstar

Currently my truck is stuck in 4HI. i know theres other threads about this but i also have had issues with this before. It wont go into 2HI for anything, tried all the tricks, i can hear the tcase trying to work and then it just goes back 4HI. I got stuck on thursday, not bad, i didnt beat the hell out of the truck. It wouldnt get in 2 for awhile then i got it on the road and it finally went. then i went to the gas station, turned it off, and then it was back in 4 HI somehow... And now its just stuck there. Im thinking its probably encoder motor, but id like other opinions before i decide what to do with it.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Do you have the push button 4wd or the floor mounted 4wd shifter?
  3. 03HeavyHalf

03HeavyHalf Rockstar

I have the electric. I wish i had the floor shift. My truck wouldnt of been sitting since thursday if i did. Its always given me trouble but it never did this.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The electric 4wd selector module thing is probably dead/ f*cked up, it's a common issue on the '99-'07 trucks.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The 4wd actuator is the number one problem child, a guy at work just had to replace one and he payed $200 at a junkyard for this part with 34,000 miles on it. A brand new one was around $800, start checking your local junk yards
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you on my end as well. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.