Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

40's?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Slick6, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Slick6

Slick6 Member ROTM Winner

hey guys im hopin some1 can help me out here as u all no i go big or go home lol so i was wonderin if any of u knew of a tire company that makes a good off road tire in 40x12.50R17? im liftin my rif up 4 more in. and want to run some really big meats and im hopin i dnt have to cut my fenders lol but if u gotta do it u gotta do it its all about the dirt the marines throw me money i cant spend so im goin crazy on the rig now lol thnx for the help:great:
  2. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

That is going to look sic!

Don't forget the power plant, you have to be able to turn those bad boys with power to spare! Whats under the hood?:cool:
  3. krazyballer

krazyballer New Member

With him saying go big or go home im guessing it has either a 5.7 or 6.0 or a diesel.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  4. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

You aint gonna find a 40 in a 12.50 width. Yer gonna be in the 14.50 and up zone. To run with the 40 dawgs, yer lookin at a 3" body lift and some Bushwacker cut out fender flares along with yer lift at the very least. Even that prolly wont be enough to stuff the 40's. Then the gears, then the weak links in the drive train if yer gonna let the dawgs run off road..........
    35's to 40's is a big step. both in size, mods and cash.

To really have fun with the 40's, Dana 60's front n rear would be my choice.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  5. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Dont feget 'bout us Pup's with the 8.1L (496ci Mountain motor).
    Puttin a lil grunt in the hunt.......LOL
    345 HP, 465 Ft Lbs torque........stock !
  6. Slick6

Slick6 Member ROTM Winner

yeh im deff. revampin the whole thing solid fron axle swap then see if i cant rig up a bigger suspension lift n put about a 4 in body under there and of course ima run dana 60's its theonly way to go lol and yeh i got a 6.0 vortec max i just had the badges deleted cuz i didnt like em lol but if it comes down to it i mite swap for a deisel cuz i justlove em lol my family's been in the auto buisness for a long time and now we own a local newspaper well we've had it since 1882 so money isnt tht much of an obstacle lol plus my marines checks so yeh money wis im set i just want a bad ass off road machine built outa a new fullsize to show em how i roll lol
  7. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

Too bad yer back in Georgia. If you wanna spend the $$, ship it to the west coast. Talk to the guys in Cali. at Off Road Unlimited.

If you wanna roll big,........... D'em's da guy's dat makes u roll......Just dont show'em how you spell.....LOL

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/ProductCart/PC/viewtrucks.asp
  8. krazyballer

krazyballer New Member

I didnt know u could put that motor in that truck haha nice. I bet it gets awsome mpg :sarcastic:
  9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've actually got a 502 BB(race ready, used to run the 1/4 strip) and a Dana 60 accessible to me if I really wanted to leave my tranny sittin on the side of the road. But, I don't want/need that much power in my burb, so I'll stick with the good 'ol SBC 350. I am thinking bout snaggin me a Dana 60 though :)
  10. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

But mine came from the factory with it...... : )
    Same combo used in the work horse and top kick gas chassis.
    8MPG, up hill, down hill, sideways, towing, empty.........
    but it sure is fun to drive, 'specially pullin up next to the diesel boy's on the hills.

Although I wouldnt mind a D60 conversion up front. I've got a '83 HD D44 (8 lug) sitten in my garage but thats goin under my Samurai with the 14 bolt sitting next to it.