1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

454 pollution control "PLUG" [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Hehe, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hehe

Hehe New Member

Hey what size plug goes in the exhaust for pollution control on a 86 suburban.
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

RE: 454 pollution control "PLUG"

what are you talking about? i used to live in massachusetts and they had emition standards there but i got to be honest i have no idea what you are talking about, unless you mean O2 sensor.
  3. Hehe

Hehe New Member

the pollution control that runs out of each exhaust tube. I am removing it and want to know what size thread it is.
    Can anyone help.
  4. 84fiero123

no and my 86 is haveing the rockers replaced right now, so i cant help. but i can tell you that if you take it to a shop or have a mig yourself the way it is done. just find a bolt that fits close and mig weld the bolt in. usually they will brake off any way unless its a new pipe. if it is just find a bolt that fits at the hardware store. but i weld the bolt in with a mig. it cant come loose.
  5. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

Those are air injection tubes.........when they are un-hooked they may make the MAP sensor set a code. If it does, take a hot pin and melt a tiny hole in the small plastic tube. Should take care of it.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

86 wouldn't have a MAP since it's Carb, not TBI.

Just curious why you're removing them?
  7. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

I completely misread that as an 88'. My apologies. Looks like I need to begin using my glasses.
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm right there with ya on the glasses. I never wear them. I keep them on top of my monitor, but the problem is that my monitor is always on. Who wants to put on hot glasses??? :? I should probably put them somewhere else.......probably won't though. :)
  9. ARNIE

ARNIE New Member

Looks like we think alike. I swear though, lately I just plain see stuff that is not there. I don't know if my brain gets to thinking about something and transfers that thought to my eyes, or visa versa. My wife say's I'm just old!
  10. 84fiero123

my wife says i'm older than dirt. but i cant see without my glasses, bifocals now so if i spell something wrong it could be the wrong part of the glasses and it could be my spelling, hard to tell sometimes, my typing sucks to so you guys will be lucky if you can decifer what i write.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.