1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4l60e rebuid cost

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Kurtrice, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Kurtrice

Kurtrice New Member

I have been having problems with my c1500's transmission. It is the 4l60e and I was quoted at about 1500 for a complete rebuild. Is this about right in terms of average cost?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Yep, That is in the ballpark of what I have seen rebuild prices go for. Places near me want around $1500 for a "bench job" meaning you pull it out and take it to them. I think that they said around $500 more to R&R it.
  3. poncho62

poncho62 Member

Same around here...I think for about $1600, you can get one from the GM rebuild place
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I had a 2004 4l60e completely rebuilt from top to bottom for $1,100 and that included an hd2 reprogramming kit, corvette servo, and all upgraded revised parts. It was a shop that the gm dealer uses in the area, dealers don't do rebuilds they farm them out FYI.

Make sure you have them use all upgraded parts, ie. sun shell upgrade, reverse band, carbon fiber clutches etc. otherwise they'll rebuild it with the nos parts that could have flaws. Good luck..

They also replaced all the solenoids in the valve body, plus put a bigger boost valve for firmer shifts.
  5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Paid $2100 R & R for my 4l60E in my 03 Escalade EXT. Included new OEM factrory lines which were not cheap.. Also didnt pay tax on the labor..and got the updated parts mentioned above.. 1500 seems about right for a rebuild.
  6. BRB46

BRB46 Member

I don't need this. Just curious if any tranny shop would be able to do these things. Or do you have to ask for specifics.
  7. GMANs95

GMANs95 New Member

1100 to 1500 is the norm.....I found a rebuilt one on craigslist for $450. Had about 30K on it after a rebuild (from GM). Fluid was still red when I flushed it....
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

The employee cost for a GM rebuilt Serta-trans is $1549 with a $700 core charge. That is directly picked up from GM service parts operations.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I paid $2200 for a local shop to rebuild my 4L60E about a year and a half ago. Dang, I wish it had been only $1500.
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

where did yall find these awesome prices?! i asked around and thought $2000.00 was a great price! that included the corvette servo swap, which they didnt even charge me for since it is so simple... BUT... its a 3-year 75,000 mile warranty