1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4l60e rebuid cost

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Kurtrice, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes, can anyone with the 1,100-1,800 rebuild prices post about what kind of warranty they recieved with their trannies? also the Escalade rebuild what type of warranty did you recieve with yours @ 2200? local shops around houston want ATLEAST 2000 if not 3000 to get a good rebuild tranny WITH a 50-75k mile warranty.

i figure if youi guys are getting 1,100 to 1500 deals out in Ohio and further east, i must just be talking to some greedy shops.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My shop was recommended by the gm dealer, it was all run down and dilapidated. I almost didn't go in but I thought what the hell why not, I forgot to mention it was 3 older guys in there 60's that did the work. I also had them upgrade my stall converter, with anti ballooning plates and a 2800 stall speed instead of 1,500. The converter was $250.00, 1 year unlimited mile warranty.
  3. Kurtrice

Kurtrice New Member

I'm wondering if it's even worth it to get the transmission rebuilt. I'll never get that money back out of it, but the truck is in good shape, little to no rust and the engine only has 127k on it and I have read that the 350 tbi is very reliable and have lasted to well over 200k miles for a lot of people. I will just have to get it done, 1500 or so is not enough to buy a truck as nice as the one I have.
  4. fugitive

fugitive Member

TRPLX2 can you forward me the name and local of that shop my DAD is in need of a rebuild for his 4l80e on his 04 silverado.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

6. fugitive

fugitive Member

Thanx for getting back to me with that info