Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4l80e length

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by sullythepoolguy, Feb 6, 2013.

1. sullythepoolguy

sullythepoolguy New Member

I have a 91 gmc vandura with a 454 and blown 4l80e and cant locate a used tranny for my 146" wheelbase and I am wondering if anybody knows what the difference is in the transmission from the 125 inch wheelbase to the 146 inch wheelbase and if it is something I can easily change from my old transmission to make the more readily available 125" work
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

The only difference should be the length of the driveshaft. I dont believe there is any difference in the transmission.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

If there is any difference, it would be in the tail piece of the transmission. The tail piece is removable (not used on the 4x4 trucks) and should be swap-able.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

4L80e?? WWouldn't it have the 700r4, I didn't think the electronic ones didn't hit the vans and suburban s until redesign in 1992? Maybe am wrong