Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

4WD Activation: Lever or Push Button?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Big_Mike, Aug 11, 2013.

?

4WD Lever or Pushbutton

1. Lever

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Push-button

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. No preference

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Manual shifter, pull the lever & your locked, hit the cute little button & pray the light stops flashing at the right spot! Should be an option!

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

My Ford as a lever, where I can definitely trust that it is in 4wd. The truck came with auto hubs also and well they failed me when I was going into a mud hole, so had a time getting out of that one. Now I have manual hubs which I like as long as I remember to get out and lock them before playing lol

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

gota go with the manual shifter. although i like the push button 4x4 better then the flimsy little twist nob in the 07-13s...

my buddy bought a 07 classic not long ago. kind of a unicorn truck, Z71 lt extended cab, steering wheel controls, auto climate control with a manual floor shift 4x4. once i pointed that out to him he was sold.

ALex

4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Always had push buttons in the family, but I would like a lever so I know it's locked in. No room for sensors or senders to go bad

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This should be a poll option.

6. erickirby12

erickirby12 New Member

Definitely the manual leaver its more reliable

7. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I dont mind the dash switch, 2000 blazer , 2002 trailblazer, 2007 trailblazer and 2011 z71 all with the dash switch, the only failure I have had was the 2000 blazer, the switch failed , a new switch was the fix. I might add, its all I have ever had so I dont know first hand any other way.

8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 2003 Avalanche with the autotrac push-button 4wd, and a 2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax with the lever to control the 4wd. The Avalanche is fantastic in the winter because if I'm doing a lot of city driving or on a road that gets slippery, I can set it to automatic and it engages quickly when it senses slippage. I love it - it works really nicely.

On the other hand, most of the time when I need 4wd low, it's not convenient to put the truck in neutral to engage it - and if you're stopped instead of moving slowly it jams into 4lo with a huge thunk. The lever system lets me engage it easily at any time if I'm going slow enough. It's not as nice in the winter, but on a truck of that weighs in a bit over 8,500 lbs I get pretty good traction on any road and very rarely need the 4x4.

9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

One poll created :great:

10. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

hello,I prefer a shifter, there is nothing like moving moving the lever and feeling. I've had both up here, and when driving up and heading to the slopes the push-button is much more convenient, when everything works.