4WD Light not coming on

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mrbrown88, Jan 24, 2012.

1. mrbrown88

mrbrown88 Member

Hi everyone, I have a 2011 Silverado Z71. When I put the truck in 4 wheel drive the light on the dash does not light up. I can see the outline of the 4 wheel drive indicator in the right light on my tachometer but it will not light up for anything. Any ideas on what this could be?

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a 2008, so it might be different, but my indicator is the light on my selector switch. And although I don't have anything that resembles a 4wd light near tach, all the red/amber lights around there are dummy lights. Additionally, I believe your selector has 4 choices (Auto, 2wd, 4wd low, 4wd high or something close??); anyway, I'm not sure the indicator light near your tach states which mode you are in, thus I'd suggest turning your vehicle to on without starting it and check. If it does not have multiple options, then my guess would be it is dummy light.

Also, double check your owner's manual, as it has a diagram of the dash and what each of those light mean.

I hope that helps!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012