GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

4wd not engaging

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by split2303, Feb 27, 2010.

1. split2303

split2303 New Member

I have a 1995 gmc sierra and the 4wd is not working. I changed the front diff actuator but it did not solve the problem. The actuator is good (tried it in a buddy's truck) the front drive shaft does spin when the transfer case is engaged (I can also hear the tranfercase gear down). I did get the tranmission rebuilt a couple of months ago and after this is when I noticed it was not working. 4x4 lights do not illuminate when I engage into 4hi or low (I have a floor shifter). I tested the wire that connects to the actuator with a voltmeter and it showed no charge. I then traced the wire to the top of the transfercase and tested both the end of the wire and also where it plugs into the transfer case...no charge shown.
  2. cesolo

cesolo New Member

I'm experiencing the same problem and I have detected that the 4WD fuse in the fuse panel is blown and a new fuse blows every time I try to engage the 4WD. I don't know where to go from there.