1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

4x4 actuator - 2008 Silverado HD

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 08bowtie, Dec 11, 2010.

1. 08bowtie

08bowtie Rockstar 100 Posts

where is this located? I am looking for this and need a little help, thanks :rules:

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can you be specific about which actuator you are referring to? I can think of 2 parts that could be called "4x4 actuator:"

1) the mechanism on the transfer case that "shifts" the transfer case. T-case is the thing located behind the transmission with the driveshafts coming out of it. You don't say if you have a lever/manual shift transfer case or an electric shift, but the shifting mechanism will be attached to the transfer case.

2) the center axle disconnect (CAD) on the front differential. I believe it is usually near the place where the driveshaft attaches to the differential.

3. 08bowtie

i have a turn style knob, automatic.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Ok so I found the actuator , unplugged it but no good. I guess it is off to the shop on mon am.....:(

4. 08bowtie

turns out it was not the actuator....it was a broken front end....:(

5. dawnechar

dawnechar New Member

How did you get the 4X4 switch out to unplug it?