1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

4x4 makes growling noise when turning right or left

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Booner, Jul 12, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Booner

Booner New Member

Hello from Ontario. Geat site. I work in Fort Macmurray Alberta as a mechanical supervisor. We repair the big haul trucks. I have a 1991 Chevy Silverado and a 2006 Silverado as well as a 1999 Gmc Yukon. Having trouble with the 2006 though.Makes nasty growling in 4X4 when turning hard left or right. Had the diff apart for seals and found no metal or bad bearings. Just replaced the wheel bearings because sensors broke off when trying to remove them. They were giving me the below 5 kmph abs problem. Any one ran into this? Thanks.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to this section and edited your thread title some, as these changes will garner more relevant responses faster.

Good luck!

3. Booner

Booner New Member

Thanks very much. I forgot to mention I lifted the truck and ran it in 4X4 to have a listen. Could not hear any noises when turning wheels. Must need to be loaded. Suspecting CV joint but no play or leaks to be seen.

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds to me like you are barking up the right tree thinking it might be the CV's.
    And welcome to the club!!