4x4 owners do this

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by wolfrivercc, Mar 11, 2009.

1. wolfrivercc

wolfrivercc Member

if you own a 4x4 silverado of the new body style take my advice and remove the front valence. took me 3 minutes last night buy removing two bolts and pulling. :gasp: it is amazing what a difference it makes on the front of the truck. it actually makes it look more 4wheelish and not so low in the front. now i cant wait to install my level kit and bigger tires.

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Post a before and after picture to back up your theory.

3. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

Did that already on my truck and yes it does look better, dont know why but it does.

4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Somebody post a pic please, I'm curious as to what exactly you're talking about.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would think that would also serve as a power train modification also, you would be getting more cold air up under the motor and transmission. Juts a theory and I don't have anything to back that up, I do know someone who has a Cobalt that the turbo intercooler is mounted flat behind the front bumper and he took the front valance off in order to draw more air into it. Just a thought................

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I want to see some pictures too.

7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was told that messing w the plastic pieces on trucks can mess w things like aerodynamics and handeling.

PICS PLEASEEE!

8. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would love to see some before and after also!

9. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Pictures would be good.

10. glamisfanatic

glamisfanatic New Member

I have seen my buddies truck with it off, it does look A LOT better, we did it by accident, we were off roading it and jumped it a few feet by mistake, then next thing we knew, it was on the floor as we were backing up