1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

4X4 Push Button Indicator Light Switch - How to Remove? 1999 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by cqlink, Sep 17, 2010.

1. cqlink

cqlink New Member

I have a '99 LT. Lights occasionally work on the 4X4 indicator light switch. 4X4 works fine when I press buttons. In case the switch is shorting, I'm going to replace it.

How do I get the old one out?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You remove the guage and radio bezel and it is attatched to the back side. And it isnt shorting out the lights are just going out.

3. cqlink

cqlink New Member

Thanks Dog. I read where it could be a possible sign of a short. One owner said when his switch acted like that, it would switch out of 2WD into 4WD without warning. With a long trip coming up, I didn't want to take a chance.

Do you know if the gauge and radio bezel is just clipped in place? If so, any recommendation of where to begin removing it (top, bottom edge, sides)?

4. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

my 97 z71 does the same thing just started doing it. I found if i push on the trim around the button it comes back on fine I think the button needs to have the wires pushed back in to the plug its self. I just havent had time or good weather to look at it. Had snow yesterday here nothing stuck around for long but snow this early is going to be a long winter i think.