1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4x4 rims on a 2x4 truck?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Falcone, May 28, 2009.

1. Falcone

Falcone New Member

What rims fit 2wd sonomas? Z28's? 4x4's?

Hey guys. I'm looking to pick up some rims for my truck because my rallies are lookin a bit rough. There's a guy selling 15X7 rims off of a S10 Crewcab 4x4. I have a 92 2x4 sonoma, the bolt pattern is the same. But I'm wondering about the offset/backspace.

Also I've seen a number of trucks with iroc or z28 rims on them and they look great and I can find some for $300ish with ruber. Do these just bolt right up? or is there a offset/backspace issue which i would need spacers for?
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. mburn039

mburn039 New Member

Call summit tech, they are very qualified when it comes to wheels and tires. They will be able to tell you what you need to know about the back spacing and offsets.

Mike
  3. Falcone

Falcone New Member

i changed the question.. if a mod could change the titale, or I'll just make a new thread.. I was wondering about z28 rims?
  4. mburn039

mburn039 New Member

summit should still be able to answer that question
  5. Falcone

Falcone New Member

i did the online chat thing with the summit guy and he was unable to give me a forsure answer about the 4x4 rims.. i guess I'll try again with the iroc rim qustion. Just finished talking with the online summit guy he couldn't help me and told me to call them.. hopfully it' s not a long call as I'm from canada and its going to be longdistance lol.
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

my guess is they are the same BS and offset as the 4x4 rims. as long as the bolt pattern is the same i say do it. if anything the 4x4 rims will stick out a tiny bit farther than the 2wd rims due to the larger tire sizes on the the 4x4. as for the iroc rims i have no idea
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The IROC rims shouldn't be a problem on a 4x2. The 4x4's used the same lug pattern but with more positive offset.
  8. Falcone

Falcone New Member

I might be picking up the iroc/z28 rims real soon then if there shouldn't be a problem with rubbing or anything. I found a mint set for $200 CND but I gotta drive about 40 min eachway to pick them up. But I'll be happy as ****, now the question is leave them grey, or paint them black? And I have to get rid of the damn chevy logo on dust cap lol. that'll be easy peesy though.