1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

5.3 to 6.0 engine swap on a 99 silverado

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by zacdavis, Aug 22, 2009.

1. zacdavis

zacdavis New Member

can this be done. what will i need to change to make this work. what can i do to make th e6.0 have alot more power. i have 35s on my truck and i want to be able to smoke them with the push of the throttle. what size cam should i put in there.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes it can be done,

BTW Welcome to the Site.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. zacdavis

zacdavis New Member

i dont have a v-6 its already a v-8. so i will have to either retune my pcm or just get the one out of the truck the engine came out of. and what can i do to get lots of power out of the 6.0
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On the PCM I'm not sure??....Maybe someone can help me out on that?.....As far as Lots of Power,A CAI,Headers (Long Tube)and a Cat Back Exhaust, along with a Custom Tune.....Beyond that again maybe some of are members that have a 6.0 Liter on this Site can give some advice on more power.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. zacdavis

zacdavis New Member

ok yeah that would be good. thank you
  6. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cam shaft, rollers, heads, bore it out, supercharger the possibilities are endless! When you have the engine on a stand you should do all the internal engine parts, like the cam shaft and rollers and all that. So you don't have to waste time pulling the engine out when you want to put a cam in there.
  7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

6.0 for the win

its a straight up swap.

i would put a cam and some other internal mods before swapping it in.
  8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I would work on the engine before i put it in the truck. Make that babie pur. Then once it done then i would put it in.
  10. zacdavis

zacdavis New Member

ok thank you for your input. when i get it done i will put it on here so you can see and hear it. thanks for your help.