1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

5.7 vortec- 97 / can i find a computer to make it run more gas friendly?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by VonDonavitch, May 2, 2008.

1. VonDonavitch

VonDonavitch New Member

I am buying a 97 tahoe an i was looking for words of wisdom and , im looking for something to make my truck run with better gas milage. can anyone help? thanx for your time !
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016: you can always buy a Hypertech programmer or a custom modified chip. I have the programmer and the results are good
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

Yeah, a tuner can help, depending on the vehicle, and most importantly, the driver. Otherwise, just the usual gas mileage tips... ensure maint. is done, tire pressure, go easy on the throttle, don't add weight, etc. Just keep in mind that it is a full-size truck with a big V8, so don't expect any miracles. :)
  4. javojjaaf

javojjaaf New Member

PCMforless

check out PCMforless.com they are getting a little better mpg with there tunes. i had my canyon done by them and it made the worlds diff. they can correct tire size changes, account for intakes and exhaust, cams, boost, altitude...just about anything. i think its around $120-$150 for our trucks.