572 swap

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by skinut88, Mar 15, 2009.

1. skinut88

skinut88 New Member

has anyone ever attempted to swap a 572ci motor into a 1999 suburban. will it fit? and how big a PITA is it? thanks
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

If you can do it, I would really like to see how it turns out. that thing would be a beast!!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

I am assuming you are talking about the GM Performance Parts motor, I have seen them installed in a 34 Ford, 64 Impala, 57' Chevy, and a 23 "T". The biggest I have ever seen in a newer vehicle was a 502 Ram Jet in a 2004 Silverado, and that guy had cut out both of his inner fender wells.

Another thing to think about is price $23,000+ for the GMPP 572 crate, with all the computers and harnesses. Plus this is for the fuel injected model, just a thought.

I also looked at a Merlin motor by World Products, and they have one comparible with the GMPP 572. It is also a 572 cubic inch motor, BUT you can get this one for $13,995 out the door. The only bad thing is it is carbureated but it brings 695 hp. to the table, and you would have to go old school with it.

Just a couple of ideas, but I am sure anything is possible. By the way a street rod favorite among those rides I mentioned was the Tremec T-56 transmission, all of those cars had the same transmission in them too.