6.0 vortec intake hiss

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Joe benson, Apr 20, 2017 at 10:25 PM.

1. Joe benson

Joe benson New Member

Here is a video of what sound my truck is making. I have the 04 2500hd 6.0. Can hear it under light acceleration and parked when revving. Slight performance decrease. Any1 had this sound before

2. j cat

j cat Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that is a constant sound of vacuum. so remove the plastic cover on the top of engine .. very possible rodents chewed up stuff .. very nice rat nesting area and also under the fuse box [me] ..........

3. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have never had wires chewed on by rats. And I live lakeside on the best Bass lake in Texas. The truck sits idle 6 days out of the week.

I do, however, have to constantly clean off the cat tracks on my roof and hood. :)

Ted

4. Joe benson

Joe benson New Member

There isn't anything chewed up or any of the sorts. Tried starter fluid to find a leak somewhere but it was inconclusive

5. Joe benson

Joe benson New Member

6. j cat

j cat Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

get a hose like 3/8 inch... stick one end in your ear then probe around with the other end to find the source of this hiss......

7. xPosTech

xPosTech Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not really good at identifying sounds with these Pink Floyd compromised ears but to me it sounds like metal against metal. I don't hear a hiss. I can ,however, hear a noise I think is from the throttle linkage at the start of each blip of the throttle. Sorry but I can't hear a constant hiss like j cat does.

And I've never had a vacuum leak sound or intake linkage squeak in my truck.

Ted

Beachbourbon likes this.