6.0L long tube headers

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ntbush83, May 26, 2011.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well I've decided I want a set of long tube headers but I can't find a decently priced set that fits my 6.0L! On autoanything.com it says the pacesetters fit but when I searched that part number on jegs and summit it said that header is for the 5.3 and 4.8?? Has anyone had success using these pacesetters on a 6.0?!

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Well I couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on them! I got them from jegs because since they ship out of dayton ohio they always come to me really fast so I'll let you all know how it goes!

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I think they'll fit Nathan cuz when I look at some of the other manufacturers sets they say they fit up through 6.5L, same exhaust port spacing

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They will fit and work. The 4.8,5.3 and 6.0 share the same exhaust maniflods so the headers will fit.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Before you start to install them check if they include O2 sensor wire extensions. Most likely you will need rear O2 extensions.

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the confirmation guys!

As far as the O2 sensors I already have a custom exhaust and those O2 sensors are welded in the pipe two places after the headers so if I continue to run that piping will I be ok?

5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They give you extra wire and connections to extend them, but on my truck i didn't even need to extend. It was long enough to move to the new location.