6.2 diesel swap

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by Ariner1979, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Ariner1979

Ariner1979 New Member

Im throwing the idea of putting a 6.2diesel in my 79 k25 gmc to replace my 5.7 gas engine. My cousin said I could have his 6.2 turbo diesel since he has nothing to put it in. He went over it and rebuilt it and he has been around diesels all his life he says Itd be a good swap.. I know it's not a powerhouse but I don't tow anything and only evr haul around 3000 lbs but thats even seldom. I want a diesel for good mileage and the low end for running around on hilly roads since I live in the Alleghenies. Any input would be appreciated

2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Do it! :great:

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thats a perfect engine for your Blazer considering where you live and what you'll be using it for, it might not be the first one to the top of the hill every time but it'll definately have the torque to get up any hill you can get traction on.
    Besides having to replace the fuel system you'll probably need to look at new front springs to level it back out, the Diesel is gonna be a little heavier than your 350 was.

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

X2 ^ ^^^^^^^^^^

5. Ariner1979

Ariner1979 New Member

Thanks for the input and, tbplus10 I think you misunderstood I have a 3/4 truck haha and as far as weight goes my front end was built up for a plow so i think she'll handle it ..I'm defiantly gonna do it. The plans now are to beef my 79 up with a flat bed, the diesel, and some other thinch since I just bought a project 80's c20 for a Sunday cruiser:) man.... I need a third job

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Dont know why but for some reason I was thinking it was a Blazer you were talking about.