1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

6.2 upgrades

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by RAYSRANDP, Sep 13, 2010.

1. RAYSRANDP

RAYSRANDP New Member

hi i am new to diesels i was wondering if a 1990 6.2 manifold was an upgrade for my 87 i can purchase a 1990 6.2 with 14000 k on it and it has a bigger manifold the person bought it from a army surplus place he has all the paper work it also has two thermostats and a set of headers. he told me the army still uses this type of motor in there humvees is this true or a load found very little on this motor thanks
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sorry can't help with your question, but I'm sure someone on this site can.
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here!
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! From what I remember, the '87 and '90 model diesels were totally different. Good luck!
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry I do not have the answer to your question...but welcome!!! I am sure someone here has an answer (or 2).
  6. RAYSRANDP

RAYSRANDP New Member

I want to thank everyone for your help the 90 manifold bolted right up the motor runs a lot better i ported the manifold and turned up the pump . I also added dual 2and half inch pipes this is a huge improvement over the gas motor
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

******Thread moved**********
    If you have any questions you are more than welcome to PM and i will be happy to explain. Also welcome aboard.
  9. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

why not just get a 96's exhaust manifolds with the turbo on it and do a turbo? The manifolds cost only like $500 with the turbo, then just take the rest of the turbo with it.
  10. RAYSRANDP

RAYSRANDP New Member

I did not no that the 6.5 manifold would fit i asked on other sites and they sid they would be shorter i looked up the gaskets and they are different part numbers so i was just trying to get the hp from mods to the na motor with the mods ive already done huge improvement i like the diesel do you no where i can source a turbo and manifold thanks