Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

6.2l 4x4 transmissions?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ippielb, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey, i found a rather cheap 6.2l diesel 3/4 ton with 4x4, and the only thing wrong with it is that it needs a transmission. I was wondering what kind of transmissions bolt up, and what kind of transfer cases it takes, that can bolt up, because i have access to two 203 transfer cases, and a turbo 350 transmission. If they'll bolt up then i will pick this up and drive the bag off of it.

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

The 6.2L diesel has the same bell housing bolt pattern as its gasoline cousins. You'll have no problem slapping those together.

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Deadly, thanks a lot bud. I guess i'm going to have a diesel mud truck now! I'm too scared to drive my truck in my mud because it's my daily driver, and now i don't have access to another vehicle.