1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

6.6 life expectancy

Discussion in 'GM Diesel & DuraMax' started by jdsnowfire, Jun 18, 2010.

1. jdsnowfire

jdsnowfire New Member

in your experience (or someone elses) how many miles can a 6.6 be expected to run (stock no chip or under 10%) before you are looking at major repars?
    I'm looking at trading trucks looking specificaly for a 2001-2002 duramax and wondering if some of these relatively cheap fleet trucks are worth it or if i will have problems soon if i buy a truck with 200,000-250,000 miles on it.
    Will a 6.6 go 300,000- 4000,000 miles with average maintance before needing a major overhaul/rebuild/ replacement?
    thanks
  2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

3. drillbit26

drillbit26 Rockstar 100 Posts

I just purchased a 2002 duramax and it has 182,xxx miles on it and still runs strong, I also was leary about it before I bought it but after looking and talking to other owners I felt comfortable as long as it has not been abused
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

A Duramax is a strong and reliable motor and will last a very long time if taken care of.