Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

6" lift.....what size wheels & tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by DSpivey, May 23, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

So Im finally deciding to go with a 6" lift on my truck, but Im trying to decide what to do about wheels & tires. I think I want to run a smaller less shiny wheel for a while. Should I do 16's, 17's, or 18's? Anyone have any pictures of a truck with a 6" with small wheels & somewhere around 35" tires?

2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

mine in my sig are 315x70x17's on my factory 17x8 rims.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

6"lift .....what size wheels and tires?

I have a 6" lift, 35s and 17X9 wheels. I run either BFG A/Ts or BFG M/Ts. I have one photo on my album. My truck is a 05 Z-71.

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What kit are you going with? You need to check with the manufacturer of your lift to see what size wheels will fit with your lift since most 6 inch lifts come with new knuckles.

5. DSpivey

canislupis69 im running the rough country 6" I think it requires 17" ims & up so i think im staying with my 20's but getting a bigger tire. Do you think if i had to ride on the 33's for a little while that it would look real bad?

6. snake_bite

snake_bite New Member

DS, this is a little off topic but i was just wondering whats the width of your rims? i like the set up.

7. DSpivey

they're 20x10's.....scrubbed a little when i first got em, but a little trimming fixed it.

8. Joman2055

Joman2055 New Member

ive got the FTS 6.5" lift with 16x10 wheels and 33" toyos

i think 35s will look much better but they will have to wait till i can afford tires AND gears AND a programmer (so i guess never)

[​IMG]

9. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

joman i don't think the 33's look bad on your truck :great:

10. DSpivey

yea I guess I could make it work until I can get the new tires....