1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

60-70mph front end shaking

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by texas99lb, Jul 20, 2009.

1. texas99lb

texas99lb New Member

hey guys and gals, before i tell you my problem I would like to introduce myself, my name is mark, I live in mesquite texas and drive a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 LS longbed regular cab. Well I was driving down I-20 yesterday and my truck is shaking pretty good between 60-70mph when I slow down below 60 or go above 70 is goes away. I was just wondering if you guys have experienced this and what you did to fix it, I know I need shocks/struts but I dont think that would cause this problem, anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.:great:
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Simplest thing to do is to have your wheels balanced. My 2000 Sierra was shaking pretty bad between 65-75. I balanced the wheels, and it all went away...
  3. texas99lb

texas99lb New Member

yeah I was going to do that tomorrow hopefully that will take care of it. Thanks for the quick reply..

Picked the truck up a week ago, has 176,000 miles on it runs great, has an exhaust leak though, its mostly a work truck. here are some pics of my truck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Mean_Green_95

Thats not a bad truck. I got a 2000 Sierra with the 5.3. It has 161,6xx.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. texas99lb

texas99lb New Member

Damn I wish mine was extened cab..lol..in the future I am going to put a 04-07 front end on it. My truck used to be an oil rig truck so it all muddy on the underside, I was changing out my tranny filter and doing an oil change and I must of knocked off probably 30 pounds of dried up mud..I need to take a pressure washer to the underside...I need to change the diff fluid too, but have never done that before and need to find a how to..I am a noob to trucks...
  6. Mean_Green_95

You can either get a rear diff pump, or open the rear diff up and drain it that way. If you opt to open it up, make sure to have some gasket maker to seal it back up. But what ever u do, make sure u can get the fill plug open before u drain it...

As for the mud, make sure u don't hit any wires or brake lines if ur using a power washer...
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Balance the tires would be my suggestion
  8. MonTyMarine

MonTyMarine New Member

You should check all the tire pressures first as this can be a problem as well. It happened on mine and a buddies truck as well.
  9. Miller2

Miller2 New Member

Nice ride even with the bumber booboo!
  10. texas99lb

texas99lb New Member

Thank you I appreciate the comment, Yeah I bought it like that. I want to put the SS bumper cover on, but I am going to wait for that. I am going to convert to the 03-06 front end...I like it more than the 99-02. I heard that the only modification is to the bumper everything else bolts on, but well see. Thanks again