1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

65 Chevy C10 Exhaust Idea

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Unbiasedgnu, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Unbiasedgnu

Unbiasedgnu New Member

I'm wondering if any of you can help me with my idea. I was thinking about completely taking off my exhaust system and getting custom pipes to shoot straight up and out of the hood, like some diesel drag trucks have. Is there anything special I would need to do to do that? And Is there an extremely cheap/easy way to do that? I need to do something cuz i have a hole in my right header,and don't want to spend the $400 to make it sound the same as it does now. I would really like it louder, and it would give it a unique look.

Any tips? Thanks!
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

Here's a great tip DON'T DO THAT!!!! Holy crap that would be like holding your face 2 foot from a open shorty. Even if you run it out the side with straight pipe it would sound better then that. And you need a cross over unless thats a 10.5 truck running a 5,000 stall
  3. Unbiasedgnu

Unbiasedgnu New Member

Yeah I don't really know much about the technical stuff yet, so I don't really know what that means, but i don't think my truck is. I guess I could do out the side.
  4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

Look up block huggers headers and imagine that pointing straight up through the hood. And you need a certain amount of bacvk pressure to get low end power.What you have seen is a a race set up that works best at high rpm and is not the best for a daily driver
  5. Unbiasedgnu

Unbiasedgnu New Member

oh ok. I guess i don't want the exhaust going back in. I've seen it waste new spark plugs in a week.