1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

67 RHD C-10 in CT

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by leadfoot1965, Jul 12, 2012.

1. leadfoot1965

leadfoot1965 New Member

greetings bowtie fans
    here is one you won't see too often,
    i have only spotted a couple on the net in various countries, none in the US i have found yet.. right hand drive is an odd choice here but it's miles of smiles
    special ordered from the factory in 1967 by someone who owned property in england and here in CT
    they used the truck there for a dozen yrs and returned to the states with the truck
    a friend of mine soon after purchased it from them and he used it as a local mail truck for a long time
    truck was a lawn ornament for about 10yrs when i saved it
    it's been miles of smiles to some great shows, east coast hot rod nationals, rumblers show , a few cruise nights a week
    stumped many an ol timer with this truck at every one
    i did get to meet a former terrytown,ny plant worker who was there in 67 and he said they made very few of these trucks
    so few while "lefthand" production lines were running and one of these trucks were ordered
    they would load it on the line backwards so they wouldnt have to hop on the other side of the line to to their "normal" jobs
    looking for a good home for it if anyone is interested , i'll post a classified ad when allowed here
    speed safe! looks like a beauty of a weekend
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/leadfoot1965/?start=all
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Sounds like a "real keeper" for the right buyer!

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great: Hopefully you plan to stick around?

4. leadfoot1965

leadfoot1965 New Member

i love the bumper sticker.. build em tall, big girls can't jump
    lol
    thanks, considering i have bowtie in my blood i'm always happy to have another resource

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Very cool and certainly unique. Go ahead and post in the classifieds. If you have any issues, please let us know, but you should be good to go.

Good Luck!!

6. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome Aboard fellow Nutmegger!

7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

8. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome.................

9. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome, and nice vehicle! Hope to see around!

10. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the GMTC Family! :) Hope that you enjoy the site...