Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

7.5 inch Rough Country lift??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 08 SiLvErAdO, Dec 25, 2008.

1. 08 SiLvErAdO

08 SiLvErAdO New Member

i have an 08 silverado crew cab and i was wondering if anyone has used this lift yet? is rough country a reliable lift?? any help thnx
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

a lot of people here have rough country lifts and i think they are the best bang for your buck lift wise you can get. I have not heard anything really bad about them except the shocks
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

7.5 inch Rough country lift New Body style!

Hey i'm new too this site i have a 2008 chevy silverado 1500 z71 i just ordered in a 7.5 inch rough country suspension lift kit. I was wondering does the rcx kit give you the full 7.5 inches or not? Also i have 33 13.50's on 18 inch black rockstarr's with a levelin kit 2.5 inch stock right now. Will those tires be too small when i put the lift on? I plan on runnin them down then upgrading to 20 inch rockstarr's and 35 12.50 nitto mud grapplers. Also could i add my 2.5 inch levelin kit to the front and it be no harm? What will i need to level it out the rear with when i do that?

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Can Anyone help me out.. ha
  4. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

not sure about what the lift actually gives you but i think the 33s would look small with 7.5" of lift but i would run them anyways until you need new ones. no need to spend over a grand on new rubber if you dont have to. and if you talking about putting the leveling kit on with the rough country lift i would not. just because that kit comes with strut spacers and no upper control arms so it would cause bad angles. thats just my opinion tho.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

oh okay i thought so a few people have told me it could give me bad angles and possibly mess some stuff up.. what would be a easier way to give my truck a few more inches either a block, add a leaf's or body lift i dont like body lift all that much tho.
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You can leave your leveling kit on your truck, it won't do it any harm but you'll have ~10 in. of total lift with the addition of the Rough Country kit riding on 33's. 33's are a good size for 4 in. of lift or less (IMO) but with the 10 in. lift they might look kinda small. At that ride height you can probably stuff 37's under there.
  7. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

well that kit comes with blocks for the back and it will sit pretty level. and i dont think you have another option to go higher besides a body lift if you go with that kit.
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

yea i gotcha ha well idk about the 2.5 inch levelin kit for sure but i'm sure yall know more than i do.. i'm sure it might ride a lil bit more rough and will i need to even the backout too or would it be fine sittin a bit higher in the front?
  9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Some people like the look of the front sitting a little higher than the rear, but its all preference whether or not you would want to even it out or not.
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

I'm gonna try and put pic's of my truck on here soon as i can i put the lift on Saturday then alignment and balance monday and i have to replace my projector head lights and i'll have pic's soon as possible.