GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

75 caprice vert

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by CHEVYVANMAN, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

hey guys ,

i am back to work on my car, i am doing the trunk right now,

it is harder than i thought it was lol,doesn't help all my shop tools are in the wood shed, i mean a full wood shop of tools, i had to make room for my car, i had a feeling there was a downside to getting this car,

the top is shot and there is noone around here that will replace it, then i heard 3000 and i really don't need a top, i would rather have a elcamino myself lol

so i started to build my trunk enclosure, this is gonna need some time invested in it lmao, problem is the car is low and i am tall wtf,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so now i have some figurin to do, whats next basically lol its in my head, just got to figure it out

later guys
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member

Wow, your trunk is a lot smaller than my 76 Impala.
    [​IMG]

I made my sub enclosure so it was removable.

Good luck on your project.
  3. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

i was thinking the same thing, when i seen yours, but i was thinking engine lol,

must be because its a vert,

yea mine will be removable also, i hope haha

thats not the final resting place yet,

i will work on it today and see if i can get something done thanks
  4. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

i scrapped the original plans and stepped up my game a little, it is a 4 piece removeble unit now, hard to say out it will look after wrapping,

this is the second time doing something like this so it is what it is,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member

Lookin' good Bro....:great:
  6. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

i changed that already lol
  7. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

so figuring i had too many speakers i 86d two of them, i have done it a little different, i think this will look better, a little less packed imo,

i am gonna do my interior pretty much the same way with buckets and a custom console, i can put more speakers up there, if needed. but here it is before fabric,

maybe fabric tommorrow, i am thinking a nos bottle in the pointed deal, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member

My sub box has another two 12's pointed up at the package tray, along with the two on the back side.

My doors are so big, I installed two 6x9 speakers in each door.:great:
  9. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

thanks buddy

yeas they are huge cars ,my mom and aunts always had one, from the 60.s on ,

so between the three of them they had some rare cars , i use to sleep on the pkg tray when i was a kid lol

i have a set of 12'2 and 6x9 and stock speakers in my van, real loud, atleast good enough for me, the car i just want to show some decent work and good sound,

i am too old to play the pump up the jam game, i need a motor lol,

i am just gonna drive this occaisionally is all, the top is shot so i already temporarily taken care of that, with it's own enclosure with speakers so the sound should be good,

and i figure i can do my interior with some 10's built into the doors, we will see and thanks for the input,

heres what she looks like now, its a walk around vid, my photobucket is jacked, but when i got her she was green, i only like two things in green and a car is'nt one

YouTube- walk around video 75 caprice classic vert
  10. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

boy the participation in this forum is out of control, so i will post pics one last time and be gone, its in fabric now so you an basically see what it will look like all done .

later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

just so ya know i went out and got me fur, i was so close to jaguar print for that pimp look lmao,i really was lol, but then i seen some black curly fur, itis real soft and it was onsale so thats what i got,

i found some peel and stick marble tile that matches my hood, and its glossy so that won for the floor, you only see so much anyway,

so i hurry home to start my assault put my newly resined pieces in, went to check the trunk for the 18000th time and it would'nt shut,

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, wtf sob gdimf, i't s only 100 bucks right, thats what i get for doing it too tight, i must of been on the edge the whole build, i figured i left enough clearance but i had to put two pieces on the top of the back piece where it swoops , i took that out and the other pieces are tight also but i think i can modify it,

i forgot about the piece that wrapped the bottom so that could of been, where the extra height came from, i will have to sand that off too, wish me luck, or wait for the fire pics, later
  12. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

so i am turning it around for the better,
  13. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 New Member

looks sick man keep going have you thought about what ttype of speakers your putting in it?
  14. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

Thank you i was able to pull it off, it sucks learning as you go lol, i am a pro staple remover now though,

i did it in a curly soft fur and it looks pimpin to me anyway so for speakers i have kicker units in my van so i will do the same to the car,

i am not into hearing it down the street, although i have been told that about my van , i just wanted something nice and neat to clean up the trunk, the loudness is built in already though lol,

it will have about 6 speakers all said and done. just right for me , i have to upload some finish pics yet , but now i have to work on my bike, it never ends,

thanks for watching and stay tuned for finish pics
  15. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member

:sign0173: Should sound awesome.
  16. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

thanks and god i hope so, i have to uplaod a new flash playerto get pics though, so due to technical difficulties i have to wait for my kid to fix my computer lmao
  17. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN New Member

heres a pic with my speakers in place, its getting there

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010