Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

77 k5 leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by socal77k5, Mar 31, 2010.

1. socal77k5

socal77k5 Rockstar

I have a 77 k5 blazer, looking to add a little to the suspension. maybe temporarily putting a leveling kit, but i can not find a site that carries them for my truck. can anyone point me in the right direction.its a 77 chevy k5 blazer, custum deluxe:fighting0088:

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You probably aren't going to find a "leveling kit" for your model since it has leaf springs all the way around, what you will find are lift kits starting at 1.5" and going all the way up to 8" , most of them will be new lift springs or add-a-leaves and a lot of them will include shocks too. All the big lift companies(Superlift, Skyjacker,Trailmaster,Rancho,Pro-Comp etc.) should have lifts of various sizes for your truck, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend!:glasses:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah man you are going to get a leveling kit. I just four 6 inch blocks with the u bolts and new shocks to raise my old K-5. You will also need a drop pitman arm but it is alot easier to lift a solid front axel than IFS.

4. socal77k5

socal77k5 Rockstar

thanks guys yeah my front leaf springs are sagging, they are 33 years old lol. so i dont think a add a laef will do anything. but i have been told leveling kit would work, i know i need new front springs, but i found a rancho 2 inch leaf kit with shocks and front springs. its 340. do yall know a cheaper still reliable kit?

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check your local area for a spring shop, they should be able to re-arch your springs to get the results you are looking for.

6. socal77k5

socal77k5 Rockstar

thanks, to be honest i didnt know they could be re arched. ill have to give that a try