Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

8.1 BBC oil pressure sending unit location?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 572ysc, Aug 12, 2008.

1. 572ysc

572ysc New Member

Hey guys,
    I just have a short question. Where is the oil pressure sending unit (-switch) located on the 8.1 vortec engine? I was looking at it and i think that its right by the oil filter location but it only has one wire. The one that i saw on the internet has a three wire connector so that doesnt work. Im staying at a hotel right now so its hard for me to look at it without getting dirty but i was thinking on the back of the engine on top is where they are normally located on a chevy.
  2. Wayne S

Wayne S New Member

It's on the back of the block just below the intake manifold. It's pretty hard to see, let alone get to. Mine went bad last year and my gauge shows 0 psi. I bought a new sending unit, but everytime I try to get to the old one, my arm gets stuck and I just give up. A buddy of mine owns a shop and told me to bring it in, i just ahven't gotten around to it.
  3. 572ysc

572ysc New Member

Yeah i just found it too and thanks for the reply.lm in the same situation youll need a extra tool with an extension !!!! man they realll put it down there on the intake.I got the part but ill have to see when i got time;.