Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

8.1 Liter improvement in power--torque

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bluewater, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Bluewater

Bluewater Rockstar

I have a 2003 GMC 3/4 ton w/8.1 and Allison and want to know if anyone has tried these kits
    by Banks or others for power and torque increase. I'm getting a larger 5th wheel and would like
    a little more power. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hadn't seen those before but those gains look pretty impressive!!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Can't go wrong with Banks. They didn't have them back in '05 when I moded my truck otherwise I would have used the kit. I do have there intake which you can see on my photo album. I have a Banks CAI, JBA shortie headers (look like Banks headers) Magnaflow cat-back and a Diablo tuner. I'm sure the power gains are very close to a Banks kit and you can feel the differance in power and torque.