1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

8.1 roller lifters--stock?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Bluewater, Oct 29, 2011.

  1. Bluewater

    Bluewater Member

    Can you tell me if my 03 8.1L came with roller lifters or flats? thanks
  2. Boonduff

    Boonduff New Member

    The 8.1L has a roller cam.
  3. TRPLXL2

    TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

    So If you have a roller cam, does that mean you automatically have roller lifters?

    Reason I am asking is because I have a 94lt1 and it has a roller cam, BUT it has flat top lifters?? I kinda thought that it was weird, but now you really got me wondering??
  4. Bluewater

    Bluewater Member

    I think you have these confused. A roller cam means roller cam follower or lifters or tappets... they have several names.

    ---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

    Thank you for the info. I thought it may but it is sure hard to find any info at GM.

Share This Page