Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

8.6 rearend problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jonesy83, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jonesy83

jonesy83 New Member

I installed a yukon duragrip about 2 years ago and suddenly I'm getting a grinding noise when I turn after everything has warmed up I've had clutches put in the locker and new axle bearings installed noise still there please help

2. zippstripp

zippstripp Member 1 Year

Hey there. Maybe a pitted or worn carrier bearing. Also check the weight of your gear oil your running.

3. jonesy83

jonesy83 New Member

Is there a way to check the carrier bearings to know how if they are bad. When I had it apart I didn't really notice them being worn. I'm running Lucas oil 80-90w

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I don't think the OP's Yukon has a carrier bearing. I'm pretty sure it's a solid drive shaft.

5. jonesy83

jonesy83 New Member

Ya no carrier bearing its a solid driveshaft.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's talking about the carrier bearings on the outside ends of the kicker itself if I'm not mistaken

- - - Updated - - -

I meant locker stupid auto correct