1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

80k maintenance

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by anven, Jun 28, 2010.

1. anven

anven Member

Guys, can I get some advice on recommended 80K maintenance on an 05 silverado 1500. Other than regular oil changes and a radiator flush at 75k nothing else has been done.
    I am considering tranny and transfer case flush and power steering flush. Is anything else a good idea? tune up, brake flush, etc?

Thanks.
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Besides your radiator flush because you did it recently, I would change the oil, front and rear diff fluid, change tranny fluid and filter and pan gasket, air filter change, spark plugs and plug wires, inspect PCV valves for build up, check brake condition. I would also grease your balljoints, tie-rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm, etc. And while your at it id change the fuel filter too. Then id also run some Seafoam threw your gas and threw your vacuum line.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you havent changed the transfer case fluid and brake fluid you need to do so. ABS brake systems dont like old, dirty fluids and transfer case fluid should be changed every 50,000 miles. Make sure you check what transfer case you have, most likely a 246. There a round plate on the back of the t/case with numbers on it.