1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

82 k10 utility truck-questions?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by northwestkansasscrc, Oct 24, 2010.

1. northwestkansasscrc

northwestkansasscrc New Member

I just bought a 82 chevy k10 4x4 utility truck.

1)the utility bed has a gas tank mounted to the front wall.it has a wire that is cut,when i put power to it you can hear a clicking sound from the passenger side,i was thinking that it is a fuel pump?does anyone have experience with these?does it feed the gas to the trucks fuel tank?also in one of the compartments there us a gas pump nozzle like at a gas station,but I cant find anywhere that it hooks up,any ideas?

2)when i got the truck the lady said she had a mechanic put a new starter in,when i turn the key nothing happens,but if i put a screwdriver to the starter it starts right up.could the guy have wired it wrong?for now i put a wire on a toggle switch and ran it to the starter.

3)anyone have pics of your utility trucks?