1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

84 s blazer fiberglass top factory or aftermarket?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Crash_box, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Crash_box

Crash_box New Member

ok so here is my issue, sorry if not in the correct area just seemed to go best here. but anyways i bought this blazer becouse i figured it was reliable and was deffinatly a looker, and i had never seen a removable top on a s-10 blazer, so i figured why not? and i have gotten news on this both ways from shops and "car buffs" (not ment to offend ppl here) that the fiberglass removable top on my truck is factory, and others say its a aftermarket deal, now being born in 85 im not real sure myself and im pretty sure i dont recall seeing one, so i waswanting some input on the status of it, and possably where to find new seals/weather striping for the top. thanks all!!!!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

S-10 Blazers Never had a removable top. They did have a sliding side rear windows There were some aftermarket Co's that did cut them off and make soft tops for them..
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Like Enkeiavalanche posted the S model Blazers and their brother the GMC Jimmy never came with a factory removable top, it's always been a full hard top.
    In the mid to late 80's their were a couple companies that converted and sold them with removable tops in both fiberglass and a soft top.
    Yours is an aftermarket conversion.
  4. Crash_box

Crash_box New Member

so finding the seals and another soft top might be kind of hard? and thank you both, i thought it was a odd truck but was not sure lol
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

You can remove some of the weatherstripping and match it up with the by-the-foot-stuff at the parts store. The top to bed seal is probably just camper tape, but around the sides and roof is probably the butyle poly-somethingorother stuff.

I've never seen one of those up close, and good luck,
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Can you please post up pics of it from the back?
  7. Crash_box

Crash_box New Member

you want the back? back from inside? showing the joint on the side? or all? ill take them in the morning(light) and post them after.

just a side note, the only thing besides a few factory badges it only contains a sticker from the dealership from where i bought it from. thought i would throw that out there as well.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. Crash_box

Crash_box New Member

9. Crash_box

Crash_box New Member

10. Crash_box

Crash_box New Member

ok here are the pics it looks nice thats why i thought it to be stock, let me know what you think