Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

85 C10 V8 swap

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by chevyguy2, Jun 11, 2011.

1. chevyguy2

chevyguy2 New Member

I have a 85 chevy c10 with a 4.3 V6. I found a SBC 305 really cheap and freshly rebuilt. Its the newer style motor (after 87 I think) with the center bolts on the valve covers. Will my AC, power steereng, etc. transfer right over if i put this in? also will the motor mounts fit since its a newer motor, i think so im just not positive thanks.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

The motor mounts mount in the same place. There's a big steel plate that mounts on the front of the newer engine that has all the accessory mounting brackets on it. If you can get this with the engine it will be simpler, or you could use your original acc mounts from your '85.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, chevyguy2.
  4. chevyguy2

chevyguy2 New Member

Yea i know that i was just wondering if i could use the same brackets and stuff but idt that it will work with headers on there.
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I put headers on my '88 & there were no issues with the engine plate. The only thing I had to add that was any different was on the no#1 front exhaust bolt where the PS pump rear brace bolted on. The header flange being thinner than the stock manifolds, required one simple spacer to take up the diff. & a longer bolt