1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

85 C20 new to me pick up

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by joshuaT, Jan 20, 2013.

1. joshuaT

joshuaT Member 1 Year

So far, the transmission has been upgraded to a 4 speed auto and a standard 350/5.7. I was told that all the emissions control has been removed and I need to see how much it's going to cost or how on earth can I put everything back on so I can pass emissions. I guess junkyards are going to be my friends for a while.
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the GMTC from a ...Canadian Member...hopefully the exhaust won't be too
    expensive, but at least you know what you will have for the next 10 or 12 years once
    you get it done. We have Saturn Ion, Chev Cab, and daily 93'Corolla that just
    turned 20 years old with 192,000 kilometres....take care....Brian
  3. joshuaT

joshuaT Member 1 Year

I'm not too new to the club, just new to this truck. I hope it won't cost too much money. Should be able to get it rolling on Saturday with my friend.
  4. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

.....maybe we'll see a pic or two then !!??? Brian
  5. joshuaT

joshuaT Member 1 Year

[​IMG]

Here's the beast. It's only a 350 but with a edlebrock carb and intake manifold. After sitting since 2010 it fired right up, how cool is that?

New issue, the transmission isn't original and has the electrical cable for the speedo and the original is the manual, how do I make the 2 come together so it'll work? It now has 4 gear auto with overdrive.

How do I find out what transmission is in it without removing it? Should there be serial numbers on it somewhere? I'm wondering if the gear ratio is way off because of what it should be and what it is.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  6. joshuaT

joshuaT Member 1 Year

OK it looks like I have a TH700R transmission so I'm happy about that. Now for the hard part, finding all the parts I require for emissions.