Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

86 6.2diesel military?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Necred, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Necred

Necred Member

I would like to get any opinons about this rig..Its auto 4x4 6.2 with 65k miles. Excellent body. 3k
    If this a money pit? pros & cons please.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If it is a true military truck with the 24 volt electrical then yes! they electrics are junk in the military versions. If it is just a run of the mill std K5 blazer with the 6.2L diesel option then i would jump all over it. the 6.2L is bulletproof.
  3. Necred

Necred Member

thanx for replying,, it is a pick up truck 1ton..,im only guessing but i believe the guy has had it several years, i spoke to his GF yesterday she didnt know much about it...So, i dont know of any mods he may have made, owner is out of state, scheduled to be back 1 Aug. However, i gave her my nbr to send him.
    Can you think of anything else i should ask? 24v? rear ratio?
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a friend that has the Mil Blazer here in NY and she drives it all the time.....
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The rear Ratio you can look up if you like the truck. Just be sure to ask for service history if they have had it. Also ask about the injector pump mainly has it been replaced. Also ask about the glow plugs since during the summer they are harder to see if they are working correctly thanks to the heat. Otherwise just like a normal car purchase look it over and if you have a question bring it to a shop that you trust to look it over.
  6. myanna129

myanna129 New Member

Hi I just bought a military chevy cucv M1009 blazer...1985...86kmi....i paid 4K.....i been drivin it so far...had to replace air and fuel filter...great gas mileage...mine is a 4x4 6.2 diesel engine too
    Anna
  7. Necred

Necred Member

thanx for insight,, ill let yall know if i buy it..however, he wont be back in town until 1 aug.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Myanna is the friend I was talking about... Welcome....
  9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The military had turbo and non turbo diesel motors for different vehicles there were also some 350 diesels as well. Every diesel i drove other then the up armor hummvee were dogs!! You could hammer it and you just kept waiting and waiting for it to downshift and take off, but they never did. Also remember its a military truck, that means even though it had very low mileage it sat for LONG periods of time inbetween drivings, also it was beat to ****, thats a gaurantee. the drivetrains are industructable that for sure and I know that I did my fair share of trying to bust them up but never did. Just be cautious and if something does break expect to pay some decent coin to have it fixed
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Anna.