86 chevy Extended cab

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by project86, Nov 29, 2008.

1. project86

project86 Member

Hello, I bought an old chevy that has been modified to be an extended cab. I've seen a few other pickups like this but only in my area. A family friend has told me that this is a conversion that Hurst shifter corporation has done. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

bailey

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've seen a few around here, too. I'm not sure who did the conversions, but I do like the way they look. There was one in the "Auto Trader" in the last month or so. Good luck!

3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I can't answer your questions, sorry, but could you post pics? I don't think I've seen anything like this.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've seen the conversion your talking about. I dont think it was done by Hurst though. Hurst has had their name on vehicles over the years but they were all factory built as a special edition or built by regional conversion shops.
    I've probably only seen a handful of the trucks and each of them has had differences which makes me think they were converted locally. You might try searching the Trucking Magazine website, they've featured a few of these trucks over the years.

5. project86

project86 Member

Thanks for the help. I've been working on tracking down the origins of where it was converted. Thanks again:great: