1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

86 chevy Extended cab

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by project86, Nov 29, 2008.

1. project86

project86 Member

Hello, I bought an old chevy that has been modified to be an extended cab. I've seen a few other pickups like this but only in my area. A family friend has told me that this is a conversion that Hurst shifter corporation has done. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

bailey
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've seen a few around here, too. I'm not sure who did the conversions, but I do like the way they look. There was one in the "Auto Trader" in the last month or so. Good luck!
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I can't answer your questions, sorry, but could you post pics? I don't think I've seen anything like this.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've seen the conversion your talking about. I dont think it was done by Hurst though. Hurst has had their name on vehicles over the years but they were all factory built as a special edition or built by regional conversion shops.
    I've probably only seen a handful of the trucks and each of them has had differences which makes me think they were converted locally. You might try searching the Trucking Magazine website, they've featured a few of these trucks over the years.
  5. project86

project86 Member

Thanks for the help. I've been working on tracking down the origins of where it was converted. Thanks again:great: