1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

86 seat swap out

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Big Steu II, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Big Steu II

Big Steu II New Member

I have an 86 silverado with the classic bench seat, and I would really like to swap it out for something with a console. I was thinking of something similar to the bench seats in the late 90's dodge rams, where the center section folds down into a console, and allows easy access to behind the seat storage. of course fabrication will be needed, but will it fit? I can't find the dimensions for either seat. Or would it be possible to find the same sort of bench seat setup in a later model blazer or something similar that would work for me? Any feedback is appreciated.
  2. 77gmc

77gmc Member

did you ever do this??? im interested in doing this let me know!!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Seats out of the same body style suburban, will allow you to have the center console, and buckets, and are a direct bolt in. Newer body styles will require more fab work...