1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

87 C10 Holley Throttle Body to Edelbrock gasket leaks

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cyberpine, Feb 2, 2010.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine New Member

My mechanic has tried several gaskets with no luck. They all leak causing erratic engine idle. Is there a special gasket or adapter?
    BTW, can anybody tell me exactly what Holley and Edelbrock part numbers for this TB and Intake is.

[​IMG]
    more pictures and details here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cyberpine/1987C10

Thank you for any help or information.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

They usually dont have leakage problems like that.
    Have you checked the TBI and manifold to ensure you dont have a warping problem?
  3. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 New Member

Throttle body looks like the Holey 670 cfm. If the intake is edelbrock it might be the edelbrock 3704 intake. I got a pretty heavy duty throttle body gasket that came alone with my Holley, but unless the intake is somehow warped or the throttle body is then a regular gasket should work. I guess you could try using some ultra black sealant??
  4. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

Get some gasket shellac compound, and coat both sides of the gasket with it. That should eliminate any leakage. Just don't breathe that stuff in ;)
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I know it's not the right answer, but I would have just taken a new standard gasket and some high temp permatex silicone, to solve the problem. I'm such a cheater these days. Sorry, I know this isn't any real productive help. But it's still an option.
  6. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 New Member

Thats exactly what I did. Works great.