1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

87 Silverado Vinyl / Plastic / PVC Interior Door Panels

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by cyberpine, Jul 22, 2009.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

2. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

you look at www.lmctruck.com? if its still in production some where then they proalby will have it
  3. rdnkdrummer

rdnkdrummer Rockstar

You may have to change out your doors to the 70's models. The earlier door panels don't fit later doors from my experience...they changed the interior of the doors somehow...

I had a '79 with messed up passenger door, but interior panels were great. I found older ('73-77) doors to replace mine, but '79 interior panels would not fit the older doors. Same goes for even later models; If I'm not mistaken, I think they changed again mid '80's.
  4. rdnkdrummer

rdnkdrummer Rockstar

LMC for the win

Call and talk to the techies at LMC. Their catalog will show you which panels are "supposed" to fit each year door, but they also usually know which ones can be modified, and how, to fit. They're very good at that stuff.
  5. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

The door shells are the same from 73-76, and then from 77-87. The stamped in mounting holes for the door panels are 2 or 3 inches farther down on the 77-87 doors.
  6. rdnkdrummer

rdnkdrummer Rockstar

So concise! Makes my post(s) look like vomit of the keyboard! Thanks for the clarification. :)

Good information to have!